Monday, June 6, 2011

Warm Me Up, Scotty

So Saturday, here's what I did:

I took the office/potential-future-nursery from this:

Before - The "Pretend Shot"
I call this the "pretend shot" because it only looks like this nice, warm, buttery yellow when you get exactly the right angle at the right time of day with the exact right amount of sunshine streaming through the windows.  Not an accurate color.  It looks more like this:

Dingy, boring yellow
 In my removal of light-covers to paint, I also discovered that they used to have it navy-ish/bright blue.  Like, almost the exact same color of the painter's blue tape.  Witness:

Why?
But thankfully, this is no more.  Now?

Warm, sage green
This color is Glidden's Hazy Sage, color-matched to my trusty Behr Premium Plus Ultra Paint and Primer in One!
No more scrapes and bumps, no more dingy yellow

Soooo pretty!
It's impossible to get a true color match at night, and I haven't taken a photo during the day yet, but the best true color representation is here:


Yep, that's how I roll.  That's not quite the nail polish I was looking for, but hey.  It works.

Ooh, and I found another blogger who posted a pic of the same paint color on their walls.  This is it!
http://3388river.blogspot.com/

Meanwhile, during my painting escapades, husband solicited the help of his friend to help him with the shower.  I will post that separately because of all the work he's done! It deserves its own post for all the amazingness.

I will also post my Sunday/Monday progress separately because, whoa.  It was a doozy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I always read (and appreciate) comments! I'm writing this blog for you, so feel free to chime in any time. :)